In this case, the Squamous Cell Carcinoma Cancer has been completely removed with MOHS Surgery. The ideal method of closure for the vermillion lip border was an Advancement Flap. Due to the inelasticity of the tissue in the area, this closure prevented a deformed, depressed, and contracted scar from forming. This also preserved the function and anatomy of the tissue as well as the range of motion.More
LEFT: Advancement Flap Surgical Repair. RIGHT: 1.5 Month Post Operative View. *No revisions or contouring were performed.* More
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma Cancer originally measured 4.3 x .7 cm.
- Performed three stages of MOHS Surgery.
- Defect measured 4.9 x 1.3 cm.
- Resulting in performing the Advancement Flap
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models. Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary.